Sermon: John 9:1-39 – Jesus is the light of the world.
1. He gives physical light to the eyes of a blind man.
2. He gives spiritual light to the eyes of the blind.
Sermon: John 4:5-26 Come to the WELS
1. Jesus comes to the woman for water.
2. Jesus offers the woman living water.
3. Jesus offers us living water too.
Matthew 4:1-11 Jesus is tempted.
- To doubt who he is.
- To doubt God’s Word.
- To doubt his mission.
Sermon – “The Promised Warrior” Isaiah 42:13
1.He comes like a zealous warrior.
2. He will triumph over our enemies.
Sermon: 2 Peter 1:16-21 We see the glory of Jesus.
1. This is based on eyewitness accounts.
2. This is based on Holy Scripture.
Sermon: Deuteronomy 30:15-20 – It is a matter of life and death.
1. Disobey and die.
2. Love and live.
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 Faith comes from God.
1. It doesn’t come from a persuasive speaker.
2. It comes as the result of the Spirit’s power.
Sermon: Matthew 5:1-12 – Jesus makes us happy
1. In our attitude toward God
2. In our actions toward people
3. In our reaction toward hostility
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17 Don’t empty the cross of its power.
1. Unity comes with agreement.
2. Unity stops division.
John 1:29-41 Look! The Lamb of God
- Trust in him.
- Follow him.
Sermon: Matthew 3:13-17 Jesus was baptized by John.
1. He fulfills all righteousness.
2. He was given approval.
Sermon: John 1:14-18 – The Word becomes flesh.
1. He shows us God’s grace.
2. He shows us God’s glory.
Sermon: Galatians 4:4-7 – When the time had fully come.
1. God sent his only Son.
2. God makes us his sons.
Sermon: Isaiah 7:10-14 What Child Is This?
1. He will be born of a virgin.
2. He will be named Immanuel.
Sermon: James 5:7-11 Await the Lord’s coming.
1. Be patient like the farmer waiting for rain.
2. Be patient by standing firm in your faith.
3. Be patient by persevering in suffering.
Sermon: Colossians 1:13-20 Crown him with many crowns.
1. Crown him as our Redeemer.
2. Crown him as our Creator.
3. Crown him as our Head.
Sermon: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-3:5 – Stand Firm
1. By holding onto my teaching
2. By being strengthened in good deeds
Sermon – 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 Jesus will return.
- He will return in glory.
- He will judge justly.
Sermon: 2 Timothy 1:3-5 – Paul reminisces.
1. He remembers Timothy is his prayers.
2. He remembers Timothy’s sincere faith.
Sermon: John 8:31-36 Hold on to his teaching.
1. You will know the truth.
2. You will be free indeed.
Sermon – Amos 8:4-7 Worship the Lord.
- In your attitude to the poor
- In your attitude to worship
- In your attitude to business
Luke 15:1-10 Jesus sinners does receive.
- Jesus searches for the lost.
- Angels rejoice over the found.
Sermon: Proverbs 9:8-12 – Consider the ways of the Mocker and the Wise
1. Consider how they take correction.
2. Consider the source of all wisdom.
3. Consider the rewards of both.
Sermon – Luke 14:1,7-14 Carefully Watch Jesus
- To see his humility
- To see his charity
Sermon: Luke 13:22-30 – Enter the narrow door.
1. This door is the only way to heaven.
2. This door will eventually be closed.
Sermon: Hebrews 12:1-13 Let us run with perseverance.
1. We get rid of all that hinders.
2. We fix our eyes on Jesus.
Sermon – Genesis 15:1-6 – I am your shield and your great reward.
- In the midst of our doubts
- With his words of promise