Sermon: Matthew 13:44-52 The Kingdom of Heaven is proclaiming the Gospel.
- It is of great value.
- It catches good and bad.
- It is to be shared with others.
Sermon – Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43 – We see God’s mission field.
- The sowing
- The growing
- The reaping
Sermon: Isaiah 55:10, 11 – Preach You the Word.
- It comes from above.
- It produces fruit in us.
Sermon – Romans 7:15-25a The battle that wages within
- Sin has a firm hold on us.
- Sin frustrates our best efforts.
- Sin finally meets its match.
Sermon: Matthew 10:34-42 – Take Up Your Cross and Follow Me.
- You will not have peace on earth.
- You will be a blessing to others.
Sermon: Matthew 10:24-33 Do not be afraid to confess Jesus!
- You will face persecution.
- You will not lose your soul.
- You are of great worth.
Sermon – Exodus 19:2-8a – You are God’s most treasured possession.
- Look at what he has done for you.
- Look at how you can live for him.
Sermon: Matthew 9:9-13 Do you need a doctor?
- This doctor specializes in saving sinners.
- This doctor counsels that we follow him.
Sermon: 2 Corinthians 13:11-14 The Triune God blesses us
- with the grace of Jesus Christ.
- with the love of the Father.
- with the fellowship of the Spirit.
Sermon: John 16:5-11– Jesus sends his Counselor.
- He comforts his disciples.
- He convicts the world.
Sermon: 1 Peter 5:6-11 Stand firm in the midst of your suffering.
- By humbly casting your cares on Jesus
- By alertly watching for the roaring lion
Sermon: 1 Peter 3:15-22 – Confess your faith.
- When? Always
- What? Your hope
- How? With gentleness
Sermon: 1 Peter 2:4-10 How do you view Jesus?
- Is he your stumbling block?
- Is he your Cornerstone?
Sermon – 1 Peter 2:19-25- We have returned to our Good Shepherd.
- Our Shepherd suffered for us.
- His sheep endure suffering with him.
Sermon: 1 Peter 1:17-21– Live your life here as a stranger
- since the Father judges our works impartially
- since the Son redeemed us with his blood
Sermon – 1 Peter 1:3-9 Jesus’ resurrection gives us hope.
- It gives us the hope of a heavenly inheritance.
- It gives us the hope of a saving faith.
Sermon: Luke 24:1-8 (Bible pg. 1643) – Repent: Turn to Jesus for Resurrection and Life.
- They were perplexed.
- They were frightened.
- They finally understood.
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 11:23–29 “Turn to Jesus and Receive a Special Assurance of Your Forgiveness”
Sermon: Zechariah 9:9, 10 “Rejoice, O Pilgrim Throng”
- He comes humbly to earn our salvation.
- He comes victoriously to give us peace.
Sermon – John 11:17-27- I am the resurrection and the life.
- We trust in his power,
- We trust in his promise
- We trust in his position.
Sermon: Matthew 27:27-31 (Bible pg. 1547) In his service
- His life was used in serving us.
- Our life consists of serving him.
Sermon: John 9:1-7, 13-17, 34-39 – Jesus brings judgement to the world.
- He brings blindness to those who can see.
- He brings sight to those who are blind.
Sermon – John 4:5-26 Come to the Well
- Jesus comes to the woman for water.
- Jesus offers the woman living water.
- Jesus offers us living water also.
Sermon: Matthew 4:1-11 – Beyond a reasonable doubt
- Doubt about God’s power
- Doubt about God’s Word
- Doubt about God’s glory
Sermon: “Turn to Jesus and not to yourself“
Sermon: 2 Peter 1:16-21 Peter reports on Jesus’ Transfiguration.
Sermon – 1 Corinthians 3:10,11, 16 – 23 – How to build Christ’s Church
- Lay the right foundation.
- Follow God’s blueprints.
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 2:6-13 Be wise in the eyes of God.
- True wisdom is received from the Holy Spirit.
- True wisdom is revealed by the Holy Spirit.
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 2:1-5- What do you expect when you come to church?
- You expect to see a mere man.
- You expect to hear God’s power.
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 – Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.
- We are unworthy to be children of the Father’s
- The Holy Spirit chooses the unworthy.
- Jesus makes us worthy by redeeming us.
Sermon: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17 Let the cross of Christ unite you.
- We are united in doctrine.
- We are united in one body.
Sermon: Matthew 3:13-17 Baptized into your name most holy
- He fulfills all righteousness.
- He demonstrates his authority.